Monday, December 31, 2012

Naming my New Year

Each New Year in China, they name the year after whatever animal corresponds with that Zodiac  year. This year will be the year of the Snake. Uggh! I don't know about you, but that doesn't even sound good to me. Snakes bring thoughts of sneakiness, dangerous, and cold. I personally don't want my year to be that way. And although little man is majorly into them, I am not! I don't think I am going to go with that. Instead I am going to go with some of my other Christian sisters who have been naming their years too, but they are doing it as a way to grow. Ann Voskamp at AHolyExperience.com, and author of One Thousand Gifts, has lived her last year in Koinonia, meaning community. It was to keep her focusing on living making better relationships. Another blogger does the same thing and uses one word to name her year too. I have decided to do follow suit this year! I am going to name my year Agape! This year I want my love for God to grow and become so intimate, so unconditional, so deep and rich, and in return that I REALIZE and accept God's love for me so much that it overflows to everyone around me. I want to use this as a focusing point in my spiritual walk. I know that this is not going to be easy, and that there are definitely going to be BIG challenges and roadblocks, but with my eyes fixed on Jesus, I can get through it!  Tomorrow, I am going to make a few signs to put up around the house to constantly remind me. Live AGAPE! 1 Corinthians 13 will be my Biblical guide in this. Its challenge to us is what are we without Love?   Love come directly from God and 1 John 4:7-8 tells us that God is Love! So basically we are, as Christians, to be Christ like and LOVE! So my challenge to you....Live AGAPE!

Will you join me and name your year?  If so, let me know what you named it and why. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment