Sunday, January 6, 2013

Death Hurts

This death stuff hurts. It becomes real when it hits so close to home. This past week, a family we once we to church with, lost their daughter. She was 14. And a young man that my girls went to school with lost his life in a tragic car accident. I can not even imagine the pain these families are going through. I pray God with give them the strength and comfort they need for the rest of their lives to handle this and that in His time, God will show them how it can be used for His Glory! That is a hard thing. To see past the present hurt and to look at the potential positive that God has. But if we truly believe in His word, we will rely on Romans 8:28 that says "And we know that in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." He didn't say SOME things, no, he said ALL things. Death included. The thing about death is that it is not just a physical thing. it also has to be spiritual. By that I mean in our internal, private thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. This renovation thing includes death; death to my wants, my needs, my selfishness, my hurts, my judgmental attitude. If I am to ever truly live, especially live AGAPE, I have to die! And DEATH HURTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment