Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Death Stinks

Death Stinks! I have a dead rodent somewhere in my ventilation system and it stinks! And trying to cover up the smell with air fresheners or odor absorbers isn't working too well! Isn't that how our life is when we are dead in our sin? We stink to God, and no amount of trying to cover up that sin helps or makes it smell any better. In this imperfect world that we have been born into, this world full of sin and hurts, we become burdened down with baggage. That baggage hinders us from being who God wants us to be. And for us who have been raised in the church, it is hard to see that baggage because of our self-righteous and judgmental attitudes. We think that we are not that bad because we may not be drug addicts or alcoholics or some  other name we have labeled others with. The problem is that we are all the same! "ALL HAVE SINNED..." (Roman 3:23). And SIN IS SIN!! Lying is the same to God as defiling your body with drugs or alcohol or sexual sins! It is all the same! God cannot look at ANY sin! And this "Come to Jesus" sermon we all hear and think is not for us but for "those sinners out there", is for us! I needed a come to Jesus meeting! And after many days, weeks, and months of crying out to God about how He want to change me, He finally whispered to me that He wanted me without my baggage. That is the BIG CHANGE He wants to do in my life. And not just change me, but make me a new person. But I do not know who I am without this bag that I carry around. How do I react to others who hurt me? And how do I protect my heart from not getting hurt again? Fear comes and covers me and whispers that I will be so vulnerable if I do not build this wall or use the "tools" in my arsenal of baggage. It whispers you will be alone for the rest of your life! Nobody is ever going to love you because of your past, your present, or want you in your future. That is where another death comes in. Fear has to die! God's word says that perfect love drives out fear (1 John 4:18). God who is perfect love, has to drive out this fear with His presence.Come Father God and FILL me with your presence, your truth and most of all, YOUR LOVE!! And STINKING lies,STINKING sin, STINKING chaos...DIE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment