Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Day 1, 2020

Day 1 of the new year, and I have spent it in bed! In 10 days I will turn 49 years old. And with turning 49 comes thr dreaded word ...menopause. Yes folks, hot flashes have arrived to visit me a few months ago. It also has shown up with its wonderful friend, Anxiety. It gives me the feeling of fight or flight, and I just want to run...run far far away and hide!  You see I already have enough anxiety to dea with. Trying to handle a full time job and homeschool a teenage boy with Autism and ADHD and anxiety and the responsibilities of everything else that I have to juggle is enough!  I have tried to keep repeating in my head what God says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition,with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God,” Philippians 4:6. It’s not that I want to be anxious, but the chemistry inside of my body says that I should be. All I can do is to pray and ask God to give me his peace in place of anxiety. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27. Peace... God give me peace!  This year’s journey will be a journey for peace.

I pray that this year you will have peace too. Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment