Sunday, January 26, 2020

Peace in the storm

So today the little 6 yr old “Queen” who has been sleeping in a king size bed, was demoted to the little princess that she is supposed to be. She did get a lot of toys for Christmas that she needed more room to play with. We gave her a double bed and made the teenage boy a prince that now sleeps in a king size bed.  As it really should be... since he is almost 6 foot tall.  His room is a nautical overload! Lighted lighthouses, anchors, sailboats, pictures of the water, the ocean...

We used to live at the beach and went on a regular basis. It was a relaxing place to just sit and listen to the waves crash and feel the breeze.  If those memories are what he needs to relax then so be it.  You see this sweet boy of my is Autistic and has anxiety very bad.  Some days it’s not peaceful..it’s a very big storm! And today has been a day!  All I can do is pray that tomorrow is better.  Change is hard even though he seems excited about it. And when little princess gets excited she knows exactly how to wind the prince up and get him going even more.

We as adults are like these two children of mine..we all want to relax and be at peace, but when we have those opportunities, the devil sends something to disturb our peace and get us going! Our storms could be other people, broken computers, etc.., It’s then that we can’t hear the voice of God speak to us . It’s in the quiet, that God speaks. He whispers things he wants us to know.

I’ve had a week off from work and I have had time to relax and listen. I’ve had to learn to tune out the storm and listen!  You see God is working on my behalf for my good, and for His Glory.  He will open doors for me this year and I will step into my calling!
To God be the Glory! MayHis  peace be with you even in the mist of the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment